“Content is the King!” Agreed? Who wouldn’t? In this world of Internet and digital media, where everyone and everything is digital, content is the only thing that helps you reach out to your audience and keep them in loop about you and your business.
Let’s start with answering your first question, what is digital content?
Any content that exists in the form of digital data is called digital content. In simple terms, anything that you read, watch and share is digital content.
Now that you know what digital content is, let’s move on to the next question which digital content is suitable for my platform?
Content is the result of relevance, readability, freshness and information.
To know which content will work best for your platform, you need to first set an objective i.e. outcome of the content that you desire to achieve.
We have listed 4 major possible targets that you can set. You can pick one or work in combinations according to your goals.
- Entertainment – One of the best ways to attract your audience is to keep them entertained. Any content that has emotional value has high shareable value, making your platform reach a wider audience. If your aim is to keep your audience engaged and entertain them through your content then create memes, add laughter value, make it relevant, connect it to something or someone they know which keeps them hooked to your content.
- Educate – Educate your audience about your products or services. Let them know what products/services you sell, how it is helpful for them and why should they approach you. Once all these questions are answered it is evident that your audience will be connected to you directly/ indirectly.
- Persuade – If your motive is to sell your product or service then persuading is one of the best techniques to use in your content. This can be easily done by adding emotional value to your digital content.
- Conversion – If you want conversions through your content, then keep it simple and straight. Let your audience know what they will get out of it. Since decision-making is involved in this objective your digital content should be rational rather than being emotional.
Once the objective of the digital content is set, you need to choose which type of digital content you want to create.
Here is a list of different types of digital content –
- Product Reviews
- User-generated content ( Content created by your consumer)
- Live Videos
- Live Chats
- Photo Galleries
- Case Studies
- Comics/ Cartoons
- Content Visualization
- Slide Shares
- Online Games
- Interactive Demos of Your Products
- Free Tools
- Blog Posts
- Interactive Content
- Free Resources
- Offline Magazines
- Instagram Posts
- Pinterest Posts
- Book Reviews
- Micro Blogging
- Product Reviews
- Mind Maps
- Music Videos
- Reels / Tik-Toks or Small Videos
- Book Summaries
- Personal Bios
- News Release
- Inspirational Messages
- Audio Recordings
- Humor and Light-hearted images and captions
- Costs Sheet
- Promoted Post
- QR Code
- Resource Page
- Mobile Apps
- Background Information
- Personal Opinions/ Predictions
Here’s the answer to your last and question, How does Digital Content help us grow?
Real and interesting digital content help you –
· Drive traffic to important landing pages
· Generate brand awareness
· Reach wider audience across varied channels
· Create audience engagement in terms of organic shares and backlinks
· Build successful customer relationships
· Increase SERPs and ROI
Include a few of the above different types of digital content in your digital plan and watch it do wonders. Build a strong trustworthy online presence and make your business reach a wider range of target audiences and connect with them in no time.
So, what are you waiting for?
Put your plan of action, in action!
Do let us know which type of digital content helped you boost your business in the comment section below.
Keep it real, Keep it simple.